TERMS & CONDITIONS
Application of terms
The Brisbane Garden & Plant Expo is operated by Plant Expo (ABN 44 326 738 870).
A reference to “BGPE”in these Terms and Conditions is to Brisbane Garden & Plant Expo.
A reference to “Ticket”in these Terms and Conditions is to any admission ticket to the Brisbane Garden & Plant Expo issued by the BGPE or its authorised ticket agents, including but not limited to group tickets and multi-day ticket passes, concession tickets, special passes, pass-outs and promotional free tickets.
By purchasing a Ticket through the BGPE or its authorised agents you are acknowledging and agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions, the general terms and conditions for ticket sales and entry as well as any other conditions specified by the BGPE on its website.
Your BGPE Ticket is issued for use at the BGPE events for the date specified on the ticket.
Each Ticket allows single (1) entry for the holder of the Ticket during the event.
If applicable, each Two-Day Pass is valid for ONE (1) person over two (2) entries to the BGPE which must be used on two different days during the event period. Two-Day Pass holders are not required to enter the BGPE on consecutive days –if and when event runs more than two days. The Two-Day Pass will be available for sale prior to the event, at the discretion of the BGPE.
Concessional Tickets are limited to concession card holders. Buyers of these tickets may be asked to provide evidence of their concession status at the gate before entering. [Note: **]
Group tickets are for bookings of 10 or more people, limited to one payment transaction. Group tickets are pre-purchased prior to event.
All ticket sales are final and no refund will ensue for change of mind or personal circumstances.
All ticket discounts and ticket promotions terms and conditions are set at the discretion of the BGPE.
Special passes may be issued for specialised events as part of the event –workshops, event social gather, exclusive access, dedicated children events. Special passes and such events are offered at the discretion of the event organisers.
Valid Ticket holders may be granted a pass which allows them to leave and to re-enter the BGPE on the same day (a Pass Out), subject to the conditions in this section.
Pass Outs may be claimed free of charge during the event at any of the gates.
Each Ticket holder is permitted to claim one (1) Pass Out per day only –to be used on self. A stamp will be used on the person’s wrist.
Pass Outs are only valid for use for re-entry to the BGPE on the day the Pass Out is issued.
The BGPE reserves all rights to refuse entry to the BGPE to any person who does not hold a valid Pass Out.
Entry is granted by cash payment at gate or pre-purchased tickets from approved sellers. The BGPE reserves the right to refuse entry to any person whose Pass (online ticket) is damaged, has been defaced in any way, does not have a fully visible barcode or was not obtained through a ticket seller authorised by the BGPE. Only Passes with a valid barcode (printed or shown on mobile devices) are valid for entry. Fraudulent use will be referred to police.
The BGPE reserves the right to refuse entry or remove guests from the BGPE for vandalism, stealing, offensive behaviour, queue line jumping, failure to follow safety instructions or in the sole adjudication of any BGPE ‘crew’member or representative any person who exhibits ant-social behaviour or fails to comply with these Terms & Conditions.
The BGPE reserves the right to require the presentation of valid and current ID such as an Australian driver’s licence, Australian passport or proof of age on a Concession or Child. Carer with a valid carer or companion card receives free entry if accompanying disabled person (1 carer per person) has paid full fee (adult or concession entry free paid).
The BGPE reserves the right to inspect all bags and containers being brought into the BGPE event and refuse entry to any person carrying any item that in the BGPE’s absolute discretion is dangerous or prohibited.
The BGPE reserves the right to prohibit the use of cameras, audio and video recorders.
The BGPE reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, displays, exhibitions and attractions and/or vary advertised programs, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
The operation of some attractions may be affected by adverse weather conditions or maintenance activity.
Persons entering the BGPE do so at their own risk. The BGPE accepts no liability for any injury, loss or damage to any person or thing. It is the responsibility of the person to take due care of themselves and others with them while attending BGPE.
Persons entering the BGPE waive all rights in relation to any photograph, image or likeness of them produced whilst attending the BGPE. The BGPE retains all rights in all images it produces.
Scooters (except mobility scooters), skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, hover boards, segways or other equipment that may interfere with pedestrian traffic are not permitted.
No alcohol or drugs of any type shall be brought on to the premises.
BGPE is a smoke free event.
Event facility management has ruled that this event is a dog-free event. Seeing-eye dogs and disability support dogs are permitted. Refer to entry signage to confirm dog status.
Terms and Conditions for Ticket Sales and Entry
Application of terms
A reference to “Plant Expo” in these Terms and Conditions is to Brisbane Garden & Plant Expo.
A reference to “Event Ticket” in these Terms and Conditions is to an admission ticket to any service, event or performance that is managed, produced, promoted, presented or otherwise provided by the Plant Expo.
By purchasing an Event Ticket through the Plant Expo or its authorised agents you are acknowledging and agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, as well as any other conditions specified by the Plant Expo on its website.
The Plant Expo’s conditions of entry are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and associated Disclaimer and apply to your Event Ticket.
Your Event Ticket may be subject to additional terms, which will be notified to you prior to purchase. These Terms and Conditions will prevail to the extent that there is any inconsistency between additional terms and these Terms and Conditions.
Ticket availability, pricing and purchases
- Event Tickets are only valid if purchased through the BGPE or its authorised agents.
- Prices of Event Tickets are subject to change without notice.
- Sales and bookings of Event Tickets may be subject to order limits and the Plant Expo may cancel or refuse to accept orders that it believes to be in excess of any such limits.
- By purchasing an Event Ticket, you warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your Event Ticket and that you own or have express permission of the owner of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the Event Ticket.
- Event Tickets must not be offered for resale, except via the Plant Expo’s authorised agents.
Cancellation and changes
- The operation of some attractions may be affected by adverse weather conditions or maintenance activity.
- The Plant Expo reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, displays, exhibitions and attractions and may vary advertised programs, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity at its discretion.
- Plant Expo is not liable to refund or exchange your Event Ticket or any associated transaction fees as a result of these changes or for cancellation for any reason, except as required by law.
General conditions of entry
- The Plant Expo reserves the right to inspect all bags and containers brought into or taken out of the Event and to search all persons, their clothing and other personal items.
- The Plant Expo may refuse entry to any person carrying any item that in the Plant Expo’s absolute discretion it considers dangerous, restricted or prohibited.
- The Plant Expo reserves the right to refuse entry to any person whose Event Ticket is damaged, has been defaced in any way, does not have a fully visible barcode or was not obtained through an authorised reseller. Only Event Tickets with a valid barcode (printed or displayed on mobile devices) are valid for entry. Fraudulent use will be referred to police.
- The Plant Expo reserves the right to require the presentation of valid and current ID such as an Australian driver’s license, Australian passport or other proof of age.
- A carer with a valid carer or companion card will receive free entry to the Plant Expo if they are accompanying a disabled person. This applies for one carer per disabled person.
- Persons entering the Plant Expo waive all rights in relation to any photograph, image or likeness of them produced whilst attending the Plant Expo. The Plant Expo retains all rights in all images it produces without liability to any person for its use in any way.
- The Plant Expo will refuse entry or eject persons from the Event for vandalism, stealing, offensive behaviour, queue jumping, failure to comply with directions, causing a disturbance, anti-social behaviour, and failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Any Plant Expo staff member or duly authorised Plant Expo representative may refuse entry or eject persons at their sole discretion.
- Smoking is prohibited other than in designated smoking areas.
- Persons accompanied by minors are responsible for the care, acts or omissions and supervision of those minors at all times.
- The Plant Expo reserves the right to prohibit the use of cameras, audio and video recorders during the Event.
- Persons entering the Plant Expo must adhere to the Work Health and Safety laws.
- Entry to the Plant Expo does not guarantee or entitle the customer to automatic entry to all events and activities at the Plant Expo during the period of entry;
- Persons must obey all signs, notices and directions given by any of the Plant Expo staff members or duly authorised Plant Expo representatives whilst at the Event.
- Vehicles must not block emergency doors or vehicle access roads and must give way to emergency vehicles
- Persons entering the Plant Expo do so at their own risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Plant Expo accepts no liability for any injury, loss or damage suffered to any person, animal or property whilst at the Plant Expo.
- Persons entering Plant Expo indemnify the Plant Expo against any loss or liability, cost or expense or damages suffered by them, or any person under their control, arising from or in relation to their acts and omissions.
- Persons that gain unauthorised entry to the Plant Expo may be liable for prosecution.
- Persons entering the Plant Expo are advised that:
- alcohol may only be consumed within designated areas;
- intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter;
- intoxicated persons will be removed from the Plant Expo;
- alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or removed from the Plant Expo and are subject to immediate confiscation;
- it is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol; and
- it is an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol.
Restricted and prohibited items
The following items are not permitted into the Plant Expo and are subject to immediate confiscation:
- Glass or breakable containers;
- Cans or metal containers;
- Flares or fireworks;
- Laser pointers or any object that might be used to distract, hinder or interfere with the conduct of any event or any animal or person involved in an event;
- Knives or other dangerous weapons including potential missiles;
- Large items including eskies and bags that cannot fit under seats;
- Animals (including dogs), unless approved by the Plant Expo;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Illicit drugs;
- During ticketed events – scooters (except mobility scooters), skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, hover boards, segways or other equipment that may interfere with pedestrian traffic; and/or
- Any other items that the Plant Expo at its discretion determines may cause injury or public nuisance above.
Terms and Conditions – Competition & Giveaways
1. The Brisbane Garden & Plant Expo is the promoter of the competition (Promoter).
2. Submitting an entry to the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by each entrant
3. The competition commences and closes at the time (AEST) and on the date specified (Promotional Period). Any entries made before or after the Promotional Period will not be accepted and will be deemed invalid.
4. Entry is open to specified Eligible Entrants only. The members, management and employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter.
5. To enter the competition Eligible Entrants must take the specified actions during the Promotional Period.
6. There may be a limit of entry per person and will be specified.
7. Prize details and value of the prize will be specified. The Prize(s) is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or for use in resale.
8. Winners will be selected by specified method and on the date as stated.
9. The winners will be notified via email or by telephone, and the winner’s name and image and any entry materials submitted may be published on the Brisbane Garden & Plant Expo website, on the promoters’ Facebook page and on any other media forum, determined at the Promoter’s discretion, for the purpose of promoting the competition and the goods and services offered by the Promoter.
10. Eligible Entrants consent to the submitted material being used as set out in paragraph 9 without any attribution of authorship or other recognition of moral rights.
11. The Prize(s) may be subject to availability at the time the winners are announced. If a particular Prize is not available, the Promoter will provide a prize of equivalent value (to be determined at the Promoter’s absolute discretion).
12. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage arising from the delivery of the Prize to the winner.
13. The winner must sign any legal documentation required by the Promoter in its absolute discretion as a condition of accepting the Prize.
14. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. If the competition is interfered with in any way or cannot be conducted for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, extend, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition without prior notice, as appropriate.
16. Without limiting paragraph 15, if for any reason any aspect of the competition is considered in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter to no longer be practical or desirable to run as planned for any reason, is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, legally binding directive to the Promoter to end any component of the competition or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the competition and the Promotional Period, subject to any written directions of any relevant authority.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, address and eligibility details).
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, deletion, theft, destruction, transmissions interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. In the event that an error with an entry occurs, the Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences.
19. The Promoter is not liable for any loss, damage, injury or death of any person in connection with a competition or Prize, except liability that cannot be excluded by law in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
20. Eligible Entrants indemnify the Promoter and its related entities and agents from any loss, damage or expense arising from a breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Eligible Entrants.
21. The promoter may assign its rights under these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
22. All entries (including but not limited to any intellectual property rights in the entry) become the property of the Promoter.
23. Each Eligible Entrant consents to the Promoter using their contact details and other personal information for any purpose to which the Eligible Entrant has consented including future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. Eligible Entrants may contact the Promoter to request access to, update or correct any personal information held about them.
24. The competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, twitter, or any other social network.